MUMBAI: Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with sexual assault by the Britain's Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) on Thursday including assaults on three men following.
Police said the alleged offences had taken place between March 2005 and April 2013, with four incidents taking place in the capital and one in Gloucestershire. They involved one man who is now in his 40s and two men now in their 30s.
“The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men," head of the CPS Special Crime Division, Rosemary Ainslie’s statement read.
"The CPS has also authorised one charge of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The authority to charge follows a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation."
He was dropped from the TV show "House of Cards" and removed from the movie "All the Money in the World" after the accusations of sexual misconduct came to light.
The 62-year-old, who won Oscars for best actor in "American Beauty" and best supporting actor in "The Usual Suspects", has previously denied all accusations of misconduct.
Roberto Cavazos, an actor who worked at the Old Vic, where Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, said in 2017 he had encounters with the Hollywood star at the time "that verged on what you could call harassment".