Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has sent his reply to the Maharashtra State Commission for Women's summons asking him to explain his recent "rape remark", a top official said here on Thursday.
"He has filed his reply to us today. We are in the process of studying it before deciding the next course of action. I cannot reveal details at this stage," MSCW Chairperson Vijaya Rahatkar told IANS.
Last Thursday, Salman skipped the MSCW's summons for personal appearance for the second time and remained away even on Thursday which was the third and final date given to him to explain his "felt like raped women" simile.
He was directed to submit his reply in an affidavit form explaining his recent comment which created a nationwide furore.
Earlier, he was summoned by the MSCW on June 29 and July 7 besides getting similar summons from National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
On the two previous occasions, through his lawyer, Salman had urged the MSCW not to proceed with the matter here since it was already pending before the NCW to avoid duplication, but Rahatkar had turned down his plea.
"We have concurrent powers just the way the NCW has. This matter can be heard at the state level too. Therefore, his version is invalid," Rahatkar said then, flatly rejecting his plea.
The 50-year-old actor was issued a notice for his "raped woman" remark.
During a group media interaction prior to the release of his mega-blockbuster "Sultan" earlier this month, Salman said that he "felt like a raped woman" after shooting for a gruelling wrestling sequence in the film.
Add new comment