A fire broke out in the residence of Tollywood superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee's house in the Ballygunge Place area, Kolkata, on Tuesday night.
As per media reports, the fire originated from the kitchen.
Fire department officials said four tenders were rushed to the actor's house, Utsab, after being informed about the incident.
Also, Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation officers, Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee and the actor's sister Pallavi Chatterjee rushed to Prosenjit's house after news spread about the fire.
It took 30 minutes to douse the blaze.
As per preliminary investigation, it has been observed that a spark in the chimney might have led to the fire. However, the fire department is investigating the incident to know the exact reason.