MUMBAI: The internet is a trend factory, and its latest one is shower makeup. From orange blush and glazed eyes to angel core makeup the trends seem to follow one another while leaving their mark on the beauty sphere and addicts alike. The latest shower makeup trend is inspired by the glowy and slightly wet complexion of the skin after a few minutes spent under the steaming water.
If we believe the number of views generated by the associated hashtag on the platform, which is more than 5 million, the sexy potential of the "shower makeup" seems to be approved in the social media sphere.
The key to this magnetic makeup is the glowy effect of the products used. So, ditch the powdery textures and embrace the liquid. Huda Kattan vouched in her tutorial on cream and liquid products to recreate the famous glowy skin that seems a bit wet just like at the end of a shower. Here are the 8 steps to follow:
1. Mix a liquid foundation (if possible with pearlescent pigments to increase the glow) with a day cream to lighten the complexion, and apply it.
2. Apply a little concealer under the eyes, chin and between the eyebrows.
3. Contour with a cream bronzer stick, taking care not to apply it to the centre of the forehead and the chin. The American beauty guru intends to imitate the light of her bathroom, equipped with a spotlight on the ceiling with this trick. The resulting contouring achieved imitates perfectly the ray of light illuminating the face from above in the shower.
4. Apply a little pink or red blush on the cheeks, and contour the lips with a natural shade. Don't be afraid to exaggerate the line for an even fuller mouth.
5. The next step is crucial for a successful wet look–the application of the highlighter. Assuming that the more highlighter there is, the better the shower look will be, you should ideally apply some on the whole cheek, stretching from the bridge of the nose to the cheekbone, as well as on the cupid's bow.
6. A little mascara on the lashes and a plumping gloss on the lips.
7. The final touch: moisten and texturise your hair with an oil or a styling serum, pressing it back slightly to reproduce its wet texture when you get out of the shower. And that's it!
For more news and updates from the world of television, OTT and movies, stay tuned to TellyChakkar.
Credits - Vogue India