MUMBAI: While most of us dedicate a good amount of time in applying makeup on our face to perfect our look, we often neglect to remove it. This little mistake can be the cause of skin troubles in the long run. Make-up removal is an essential step for a healthy skin, since we never know what chemicals we are exposing our skin to. Therefore, you must never go to sleep with your make-up on.
There are tons of makeup-removing products available in the market that can help you clean the face without much effort. Some may argue that those products contain chemicals that hardly do any good to our skin. Moreover, sensitive skin may not take too nicely to such products. So, here are some natural ingredients to remove makeup as suggested by Dr Monica Kapoor:
1. Cucumber Juice - Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe irritated skin or acne-prone skin. To apply cucumber juice to remove makeup, use a blender to mash cucumber until it has become pasty, add a little carrier oil of choice and it's ready to use as a cleanser.
2. Baking soda and honey - This combination works wonders for any type of makeup. Put a little organic honey on a clean cloth, and sprinkle in some baking soda. Use it to clean the face. The combination of baking soda and honey works as an excellent cleanser, as well as an exfoliator.
3. Milk - Milk is known for its health benefits and for being a wonderful ingredient for the skin. The essential fats and protein found in whole milk allow our skin to retain moisture and repair damaged cells. Milk has strong bleaching properties and is a natural ingredient for skin lightening.
4. Steam - Steaming is also a natural way to remove the makeup. It is also one of the most soothing cleansers that replenishes the skin from within. Use steam and wipe your face with a cotton pad and rinse off. If you are wearing heavy or waterproof makeup it is best to use any of the treatments above and then use steam to remove any leftover impurity. It helps unclog pores to remove dirt and impurities.
5. Coconut oil - Coconut oil has three essential fatty acids and a low molecular weight, which gives good penetration. It is also loaded with antimicrobial properties, making it an excellent moisturiser for the entire face and body. If somebody is prone to breakouts, keep coconut oil handy to remove eye makeup, as it is comedonal for acne-prone areas.
For more news and updates from the world of television, OTT and movies, stay tuned to TellyChakkar.
Credits - Times Now